Saturday, August 30, 2008

Long weekends. Love them.

I love long weekends. I love having my husband home for even just one extra day.

I am able to have so much more quality time with the kids when there are two of us around. Grace and I went to the store together this morning and sat and ate a donut before we shopped. It was there in Hyvee that she told me about some of the things that have been happening in her classroom at school. She hasn't had the opportunity/desire to tell me much up until this point. I love hearing about her day.

I am so blessed to have a helpful and willing husband. Not only does he do everything to care for the kids, he also does laundry, cooking and cleaning as well as outside maintenance. Did I say that he does all this willingly?

I have a new concept I am trying to get him to present to the president of his company. It is called reverse retirement. Wouldn't it be great if, while our kids were little (before school age), if he could be at home with us daily, and then make up those work years after the children were in school. Anyway, it sounds great to me!

Have yourself a great long weekend and enjoy your time with your own family!

No comments: