Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fun in the Sun

It has been a really busy month! Grace and Sam have been taking swimming lessons at our neighborhood pool every day for the last 3 weeks, so that is where we have been spending a lot of time. At first, they didn't have goggles, but when they saw the other kids with them, they had to have them. Funny thing is, that they think they can do anything with the goggles. I have tried to tell them otherwise, but these little things have given them confidence to do anything! I call Sam "flyboy", because he resembles a fly with them on! Grace was even learning to dive into the deep end of the pool toward the end of the lessons. I can't believe what a difference it has made. They have made some new friends in the neighborhood as a result, which can come in handy. Sam isn't afraid of anything - the last day of lessons, the teacher told him to go over and play in the shallow end. While the teacher was not looking, Sam just jumped right into the 9 foot deep water and didn't come to the surface. The teacher had seen him do it from halfway across the pool and she went under very quickly to retrieve him. She said that he was just sitting at the bottom, eyes wide open and looking around! He was so proud of himself. I am glad that it didn't scare him like it did me!




We spent the weekend of the fourth in St. Louis. Here are some pictures of the kids from that trip. The summer is flying by and I can't believe it is almost time to start thinking about school.
Nate has been doing well and the ENT said to pay him another visit in August. We are hoping that whatever is in his ear will just go away with time, as the doctor couldn't really tell anything from the CAT scan. Big news is that he is now walking! He has been working on it for about a month now and he is finally getting it! I wouldn't say that this is his main method of transportation, but he is really practicing all the time. I will try to post a video of him walking, it is very cute.



For those of you who actually read this, thanks for being patient with me. I really want to be able to post more often, but time really slips past me. I have a friend who also has a blog and has the same issues with infrequent posts. I have challenged her to post before I can, so maybe it will light a fire under each of us! Hang in there with me.

No comments: